Many times you need to know the Mac address of a device. For example many routers has the option of blocking a new host if it not in a list of Mac address.
If you want the Mac Address of your computer:
1. Press Windows Key + R, type cmd and press enter.
2. In the command window press ipconfig /all and press enter.
3. In the Physical Address you will see the address.
If you want to know the Mac of another computer or device, do the following:
1. Press Windows Key +R, type cmd and press enter.
2. In the command window, type ping address and press enter. For example if you want to know the Mac of a computer named Kim type:
and as always press enter.
3. If the command is successful press arp –a and press enter. You will see a three column table showing the Mac in the second row.