You need to copy a bunch of files from a directory but you don’t want to copy some of them.
In this example we will see how to copy every file of c:\utils to c:\temp except of that having the .exe extension.
1. Press Windows Key + R, type cmd and press enter.
2. In the command window type cd /D c:\utils and press enter.
3. We want that the only files with the archive flag are those that we want to copy so for that.
a. Type attrib *.* +A and press enter again.
b. Type attrib *.exe –A and press enter again.
4. Type xcopy *.* c:\temp /A and press enter.
5. Now we can restore the attribute with attrib *.* +A and press enter again.