You want that only a group of users execute a program on Windows XP.
This example will let only execute a program call program.exe in c:\utils to the user safer.
Of course you need that this user exists.
1. Press Windows Key + E, and go to the c:\utils folder.
2. Go to the Tools menu and select Folder Options…
4. Right Click on Program.exe and select Properties.
5. Go to the security tab, press add and select user safer, press Advanced.
6. Deselect Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here.
7. A new window will appear select remove and press Ok.
8. Modify the permissions if it is not allow for safer so it can execute it.
9. Press Ok, now you can restore the use simple file sharing if you want to.